Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Knotted Waterfall Braid ~ a hair tutorial

Hey! Today I am going to teach you how to do to this hairstyle (I think I saw in youtube somewhere) on your dolls.

Here is what it looks like on your doll.

You will need:
A doll with medium to long hair
a hairbrush
bobby pins
(Optional) spray bottle filled with water

First, brush your dolls hair out so that it has no tangles.

Grab a section from near the front of your dolls head, like I did.

Put two fingers on top of the section.

Wrap the end of the section around your fingers once.

Grab another section.

Pull it up through the loop you just made with your fingers.

And twist it so that it makes another loop. Repeat the steps in the above two pictures until you have gone all the way around the dolls head.

When you get to the other end of the dolls head, bobby pin the last loop into place.

Then bobby pin the first loop as well

By now, your dolls hair should look something like this. The loops may be very loose, like mine were, so just pull the ends of the loops carefully to tighten them.

After you have done that, you're finished!















 
Thanks for reading! :)
 
~Kaitlyn

16 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful! I have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'll have to get Nicole to do this!
    ~Saige @ ouragdollhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty!

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks beautiful!! I should try it on my doll.
    ~Josephine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, it looks amazing!! I'll have to try it out! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I just love this hairstyle on Saige, she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty! Especially with Saige's curls! :)

    ReplyDelete