Wednesday, January 21, 2015

How to make doll leggings!

Hey! A while ago, somebody requested that I do a tutorial on doll leggings, so that is what I'm going to do today! This is pretty simple, so I hope a lot of you guys try it! :)

You will need:
Elastic
A small safety pin
Scissors
A sewing machine
Stretchy material

First, cut a piece of your material about 20 inches long and 10 inches wide.

Fold it in half the hot dog way.

Then fold it in half the opposite way.

Lay your doll on its side on top of the material. Make sure there is about 1/2 inch extra on either side.

Make sure that the top of the fabric is placed about 1 inch above the line across your dolls bottom.

Then, cut around the shape of your doll, like shown, leaving plenty of extra material.

Next, cut the bottom part where it is still folded together. You should now have four pieces. Divide them into two groups of two.

Good side to good side, sew down the crotch line on both groups. When you unfold it, it should look like shown.

Place the two groups together, good side to good side, and sew down the middle leg part.

Fold over the bottom of the leg hole twice and sew it down.

Then, sew the outer leg parts together. Make sure your leg holes aren't too tight. Also, you will probably need to sew smaller than the actual thing because you want the leggings to be tight. 

Cut off any excess.

Fold down the top part big enough to fit your elastic, and sew it down, leaving a small opening in the back.

Cut a piece of elastic about 3/4 the size of your dolls waist.
Use a safety pin to thread your elastic through the top. Sew the two ends together.

Pull on the sides of the leggings so that the the elastic slides in, and then sew the rest of the top closed.

Flip it right side out, and you're done! 

Now you have a cute pair of leggings for your doll! 

Doesn't Claire look so cute in them?!!!


Converse! <3



Thanks for reading! I hope some of you try this! :)

~Kaitlyn

P.S. Don't forget to enter my photo contest!!! Details HERE!!!!

18 comments:

  1. YYYAAAAAAYYY! Another tutorial! I always love your tutorials (especially the sweater one)! I really want to try this. Only I would have to hand sew it. I dont know how to use my sewing machine. : /
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks so much! I hope you try it! Maybe you will learn how sometime! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure I requested this :) Thanks so much, I'm going to go find some material to make leggings for my dolls now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me! I added you to my readin list, I think that is how you follow.?.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial! I gotta make this sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sewing tutorial! I think I need to do this. I just got some new fabric too....
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! To bad I can't sew. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I might have to try this out! Not long ago, I turned a swimming skirt into a doll dress!
    Gwen-
    Same here! I can't work a sewing machine either, so I sew by hand! Like way back when, huh?;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! My mom has a sewing machine, but we both don't know how to use it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I hope you try it! :)

      Delete
    3. I hope all three of you are able to learn how to sew! :)

      Delete